Sometimes made with buttermilk instead of, or as well as, yoghurt, lassi is a refreshing drink that can be served for breakfast or as a snack at any time. It can be flavoured with pureed fruit such as mango or made in more of a savoury style seasoned with spices like saffron or cumin.
- 1 ripe mango (about 350g)
- 1 cup plain natural yoghurt
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 tablespoon castor sugar
- Pinch ground green cardamom pods
- Pinch salt flakes
- Peel mango and cut all the flesh off the stone.
- Place mango flesh, yoghurt, ice, sugar, cardamom and salt in a blender.
- Blitz until smooth.
- Serve in a tall glass.