I’m not much for breakfast, except on weekends when I have time for a leisurely brunch on the veranda with a big bowl of coffee and the latest Gourmet Traveller. Then I do like the crunch of toasted muesli (especially Phillippa’s cranberry granola) with the creamy tang of a thick natural yoghurt like Meredith Dairy’s … throw in a bit of fruit and suddenly we have something that looks quite fancy and tastes even better. Use a mixture of raspberries, blueberries and strawberries if you prefer, and pour a glass of Innocent Bystander pink moscato just for fun – with its gentle fizz, slight sweetness and 5.5% alcohol, it’s the perfect breakfast wine! Don’t assemble your breakfast parfait too far ahead of time or the muesli will start to go soggy.
- 125g strawberries
- 200g toasted muesli
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 passionfruit
- Honey, for drizzling
- Hull and slice strawberries and mash them slightly (add a dash of Cointreau if you like).
- Divide half the muesli between 2 glasses or bowls.
- Top with half the yoghurt.
- Divide strawberries between the glasses.
- Add remaining muesli then remaining yoghurt.
- Spoon passionfruit over the top, drizzle with a little honey and serve.